[chirp_users] Trying chirpw with python3

Steven A. Falco
Fri Oct 4 07:39:28 PDT 2019

It says there is no gtk module:

saf$ python3
Python 3.7.4 (default, Jul  9 2019, 16:32:37)
[GCC 9.1.1 20190503 (Red Hat 9.1.1-1)] on linux
>>> import gtk
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'gtk'

However, the following sequence works:

saf$ python3
Python 3.7.4 (default, Jul  9 2019, 16:32:37)
[GCC 9.1.1 20190503 (Red Hat 9.1.1-1)] on linux
>>> import gi
>>> gi.require_version('Gtk', '3.0')
>>> from gi.repository import Gtk

I'm a complete python novice, so any suggestions on what I need to install would be greatly appreciated.

	Steve