[chirp_users] Help with VX5 clone to CHIRP, "Checksum Failed" error

Eckart Jansen
Mon Nov 25 16:43:36 PST 2019

Hello, I’m a new user trying to do a memory dump to CHIRP using CLONE on a Yaesu VX5.

Using a standard serial port to 4-pole plug cable into the VX5 MIC jack.

WinXP SP3 and CHIRP daily-20191119.

Serial port COM1 seems to be working properly.

“CLONE TX” is initiated on the VX5.

Progress bar appears and moves from start to completion.

Then a window appears “An error has occurred”, “Checksum Failed [0000-1FB9(@1FBA)]"

The VX4 display hangs at “CLONE TX”

Note that I also tried with a properly installed USB-Serial cable connecting to COM5 (different serial port) with exactly the same behavior as above.

Any suggestions on how to get this working?