[chirp_users] FW: Problem with cloning to my radio

Jim Unroe
Tue Nov 5 12:45:23 PST 2019

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 3:37 PM Dennis Wage <dwage at dwage.com> wrote:

> I have three "identical" UV5R's. I use the same image file and get the same error on 2 of them. Every thing seems to download to the radios anyhow. I think it is more of an FYI than an error message.
> However what has been said above is the right way to do it.
>
> Dennis M. Wage (W9BOQ)
>
> 245 Corum Hill Road
> Castalian Springs, TN 37031
> (615) 310-4242 Cell
> http://hammondb3organ.net
> http://overdubs.net

Dennis,

It depends on the two different firmware versions. CHIRP has become
smarter over the years and can now skip over some of the areas that
can cause issues when incompatible images are uploaded. In those
cases, it is an FYI. But in the cases where there is a reason that
CHIRP can't know which areas to avoid (for example the radio doesn't
share its firmware version with CHIRP) or the user is using and older
version of CHIRP, the the upload is aborted.