[chirp_users] Elementary help for novice requested!

Tom Henderson
Fri May 31 04:44:19 PDT 2019

Look at the tab for the file you have open that you're trying to write
to the radio. If it says something like "Generic CSV" a the beginning,
you can't write that to a radio.

The problem is that you're opening a new file, or at least that's what
you said you were doing in your original email. The only files you can
write to a radio are files that were created by reading from a radio.
The name on the tab should be the model of the radio you pulled it from.
Save an unmodified version, then import the stock config into the file
you got from the radio, save it again with a new name, then write it to
the radio.

If "Upload to radio" is blank, it's most likely the tab you have open
didn't come from a radio.

Check out this youtube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l_kdktZAkI

At 4:40, he has just pulled the config from the radio.

At 7:00, he starts importing VHF channels

At 11:00, he uploads the file he just finished downloading and modifying
back to the radio.

Tom Henderson