[chirp_users] Truth or Fiction

Chuck Hast
Sat May 25 05:39:50 PDT 2019

All of the above just goes to confirm why I will NOT buy Yaesu. They sold
boat load of C4FM repeaters most
of which are doing analog because they are not connected to the net. Yes
you can use a MMDVM and build
your own, but go buy a non-yeasu radio that supports their closed protocol.

I purchased a D-Star handheld from HRO  in Portland back in 2008, it was
years before I got to use it on D-Star
and it is an open protocol but no manufacturer wanted to support it. Even
now only Kenwood is producing radios
that do D-Star.

I have had to deal with RT-Systems and I did not care for their "our way or
the highway " attitude.

In amateur radio we are SUPPOSED to open things up change them use other
bits and pieces on them, those
who demand a walled garden should not get our money.  Yaesu is outstanding
in that way. Indeed I have always
associated them with box operators, not nitty gritty hams who want to dig
into the technical side of things.

Chirp + Editcp + MD380Tools on Linux
Celestial!!!
Chuck -- KP4DJT