[chirp_users] Homebrew formula and daily builds

Dave B
Fri May 24 00:59:15 PDT 2019

Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 14:26:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Nigel A. Gunn  G8IFF/W8IFF" <nigel at ngunn.net>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Homebrew formula and daily builds
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>,	Brian
	McCaffrey <brian at w1bp.net>

For those Linux users who feel neglected, you can install Homebrew with:

sh -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Linuxbrew/install/master/install.sh)"

No thank you!

I've seen what that can do, and anyway, that fails miserably if Ruby is
not installed.

#!/bin/sh
set -e
umask 022
if test -n "$HOMEBREW_FORCE_VENDOR_RUBY" || ! command -v ruby >/dev/null; then
	eval "`curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Linuxbrew/install/master/install-ruby`"
fi
exec ruby -e "`curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Linuxbrew/install/master/install`" "$@"

(I've removed what it put there, cleaned and sterilised the brewery!)

Mac's are an odd case, as they are curated by Apple, who vehemently do
not want anyone "polluting" the system with unknown software.

However, as we all know, there are ways...

Best stick to the instructions on the chirp website I think.

73.

Dave G0WBX.

--
Created on and sent from a Unix like PC running and using free and open source software.
::