[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-82HP and iMac

ALAN BARKER
Wed May 15 12:49:27 PDT 2019

Sorry to be so dense but I need some help.  I used to be able to have some fun with chirp but I've not been able to interact with my radios (baofeng UV-5RE Plus and UV-82HP) since getting a new computer.  On an older computer and with an older cable I could access my UV-5RE fine but now I can’t get it to recognize anything.

So, I’ve got the latest build of chirp (20190511)
I’m running on an iMac with OS 10.14.4 Mojave

When start up Chirp and try to download from radio (with the cable (newly purchased as I thought that might be the problem), turn the radio on max volume and hit the “OK” button, I immediately get an error message that reads:

“An error has occurred

could not open port /dev/cu.Bluetooth-PDA-Sync: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/cu.Bluetooth-PDA-Sync’”

Where am I going wrong?

Alan
KB1IJB