[chirp_users] New Daily Build windows 10 install

Gary Craig
Wed Mar 13 14:27:07 PDT 2019

Dan,
I installed it on my laptop with Windows 10 enterprise and it works fine.  Actually now able to edit memories in Chirp editor where i never could before.  Thanks.

Be blessed!
May 2019 be our year of change & growth!

Gary Craig  KI5CCD
Maintenance
Webco Industries
Texas Distribution
750 Martin Luther King Jr Dr
Orange, TX 77630-3094
409-886-0807 ext. 107
Fax 918-246-7045

gcraig at webcotube.com

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com <chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> On Behalf Of Dan Smith
Sent: Saturday, March 9, 2019 9:31 AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] New Daily Build

This email originated from an external sender. Use caution when following links or opening attachments as they could be malicious

> A new daily build of CHIRP is available.  This includes changes made
> directly to the tree yesterday, and may include additional features,
> bug fixes, and/or bugs.  If you are interested in trying it, grab it
> from the following location:
>
>  http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-20190309

Hi all,

Although it's not on the list of changes, this build includes a new installer for Windows. It does the same thing that it used to, but it uses a more modern interface. Also, the uninstaller now removes old chirp config files. There isn't really any need to do this, but some users would get their config in a weird state and were confused about why uninstalling/re-installing wouldn't clear that up.

Anyway, if someone running windows could give this a shot and quickly report back that it indeed looks different and that everything looks good, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

--Dan