[chirp_users] New Python coming?

Chuck Hast
Mon Mar 4 18:29:47 PST 2019

Why run a heavy windows VM when you can use some light linux VM take up a
lot less resources and have
Chirp running in it's native environment?

Indeed I just installed a lubuntu VM on my work machine and installed chirp
in it, took a total of 15 minutes and
it was done.  That way if they do not get the conversion done by the time
the event takes place you at least have
somewhere to run to.

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 11:12 AM Leo Notenboom (N7LEO) <leo at n7leo.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 9:04 AM Peter <ptlambert at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> Time to break out the Wine on OSX?
>

> It may be overkill for some, but one thing I did when I was still using
> the OEM
> software rather than Chirp was to run Windows in a virtual machine on my
> MacBook. Depending on the VM software being used, there may be an
> additional
> step or two to get the right interface cable to appear to Windows in the VM
> rather than be captured natively on the Mac, but it worked well.
>
> (Newbie to this list, but long time Chirp user now... both Mac & PC)
>
> Leo A. Notenboom (N7LEO)

Chirp + Editcp + MD380Tools on Linux
Celestial!!!
Chuck -- KP4DJT