[chirp_users] Baofeng Radios Power Column

Jim Unroe
Sun Mar 3 04:00:22 PST 2019

On Sat, Mar 2, 2019 at 10:51 PM Glenn At Home <GlennErvin at cableone.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> I was just looking over my CSV files for my Baofeng radios, and I didn't notice a column for power.
> I thought there was a column that we could put in hi or a numeric value.
> If not, how do I do this in Chirp?
> Thanks.
> Glenn

Hi Glenn,

CSV files are not radio specific. They only contain the settings that
are not radios specific. For example the RX frequency would be the
same no matter which radio Vendor/Model you loaded it into. The TX
CTCSS tone would be the same no matter what radio Vendor/Model you
loaded it into. The power level is not common across all radio
Vendor/Model radio you loaded it into (50 watts from a mobile radio
cannot load into a UV-5R) so it is not available in a CHIRP compatible
CSV file.

As Nigel mentioned, the native CHIRP Radio Images File (*.img) is
where each radio's Vendor/Model specific settings are saved to and
retrieved from.