[chirp_users] How can I use Chirp to re-use One Master File for multiple Radio Brands & Models?

Christopher Knowles
Mon Jun 24 07:46:27 PDT 2019

For all Windows users I would recommend Calc from LibreOffice.  It is
free and part of a suite of applications more versatile than Windows
Office.  Chris, N1CAK

On 6/24/2019 10:37 AM, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:
> Good news, Dan - for Windows users that is.
>
> Gnumeric is now available for Windows 10.
> https://yepdownload.com/gnumeric
>
> If you want some software that's fast, I recommend Gnumeric and
> Abiword.  Very small size programs but do what most people need to do,
> and they work very fast.
>
> Hmmm, just like CHIRP.  Fast and useful.
>
> 73
> David
> N1EA
>
> On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 10:31 AM Dan Clemmensen
> <danclemmensen at gmail.com <mailto:danclemmensen at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Visicalc was first. It was the killer app for use of the PC in the
>     office.
>
>     There is no need to pay for a fancy spreadheet to use CHIRP. They
>     are bloated and complicated. I am a free software fanatic, so I
>     use Gnumeric. It has all the capabilities you need for use with
>     CHIRP (and pretty much anything else). I'm a Linux user.
>     Unfortunately for Windows user, new versions do not run on Windows.
>
>     If I were forced to use Windows or some other strange platform, I
>     would use Google Sheets.

Christopher Allan Knowles, MPA
P.O. Box 4632
Vineyard Haven, MA  02568

Please find my LinkedIn profile at:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-knowles-99aba51a/

Staff Sergeant, United States Air Force, 1970 - 1974

Call Sign:  N1CAK - Amateur Extra Class
	    Accredited Volunteer Examiner (VE)