[chirp_users] How can I use Chirp to re-use One Master File for multiple Radio Brands & Models?

Jim Unroe
Thu Jun 20 10:46:01 PDT 2019

Hi Bill,

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 10:35 AM Bill Stewman <bill.stewman at gmail.com> wrote:

> How can I use Chirp to re-use One Master File for multiple Radio Brands & Models?
>
> Our Church in Northeast Texas has over 400 licensed hams with various brands & models of Ham Radios.
> Is there some way for me to build One Master file of Repeaters that everyone can use to put all of us on the same ones?
>
> Thanks
> Bill Stewman - W5RQR
> The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
> Carrollton Storehouse Volunteer and Ham Radio Station Operator

I use the saved CHIRP Radio Images (*.img) from from my Baofeng UV-82
as the "master" image to program the memories all of my CHIRP
programmable radios no mater what the Vendor or Model is. All I do is
download from the target radio (or load a previously saved image from
it) to open a tab that is compatible with the radio. Then I import the
UV-5R image into that tab. No spreadsheet program or CVS file is
necessary. A "how to" is available here:
https://baofengtech.com/CHIRPImport