[chirp_users] Anytone 5888 Gets Frequency Step Error

Charles Hargrove
Fri Jun 14 09:33:34 PDT 2019

I am reprogramming my 5888 after two years.  I have been able to use CHIRP
in the past, but now the last few versions (6/1 and prior) throws up an
error whenever I try to edit a frequency with 4 digits after the decimal.

"Error setting memory: Frequency requires 12.50kHz step"

I know that a bug report was filed by someone recently, but I would like to
know if the issue is being looked at.  I can not tell you what version
did work as I update as soon as the new one is released.  The last time
that I programmed the 4 digit frequency was in the summer of 2017.

--
Charles J. Hargrove - N2NOV
NYC-ARECS/RACES Citywide Radio Officer/Skywarn Coord.

NYC-ARECS/RACES Nets 449.025/123.0 PL
ARnewsline Broadcast Mon. @ 8:00PM
NYC-ARECS Weekly Net Mon. @ 8:30PM
http://www.nyc-arecs.org

NY-NBEMS Net Saturdays @ 10AM & USeast-NBEMS Net Wednesdays @ 7PM
on 7.036 Mhz USB (alt 3.536)/1500 hz waterfall spot; MFSK-16 or 32

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls
topped
by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders." - Ronald Reagan

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

"Molann an obair an fear" - Irish Saying
(The work praises the man.)

"No matter how big and powerful government gets, and the many services it
provides, it can never take the place of volunteers." - Ronald Reagan