[chirp_users] BF888 Settings tab items not saved

George Reywer
Mon Jun 10 10:06:21 PDT 2019

Hi Barry,

A change in the firmware of the BF-888S has resulted in the contents of the settings tab not being correctly saved to the radio. (It also resulted in the voice prompt language changing to Chinese on the newer radios I programmed.)

The work around is to change these settings manually on the radio as follows:

  *   On channel 10, Press and Hold the PTT and MONI buttons while switching ON the transceiver to activate/deactivate Voice Prompts.

  *   On channel 15, Press and Hold the PTT and MONI buttons while switching ON the transceiver to change Voice Prompt Language

George M0IAS

Hi,
Has anyone had an issue with Baofeng 888 items on the settings tab (not
memories) not being saved on upload?

I am primarily trying to disable voice prompts, however after editing
the downloaded image and uploading it, the next time I download it, the
setting has reverted (or was never saved).