[chirp_users] BF888 Settings tab items not saved

Barry Jackson
Sun Jun 9 08:09:27 PDT 2019

Hi,
Has anyone had an issue with Baofeng 888 items on the settings tab (not
memories) not being saved on upload?

I am primarily trying to disable voice prompts, however after editing
the downloaded image and uploading it, the next time I download it, the
setting has reverted (or was never saved).

Editing the hex in the browser produces the same result. Does anyone
know the significance of the red highlighted values?

Chirp version is CHIRP daily-20190412 and I see nothing in the change
log since then related to the BF888.

One thing I notice is that the progress bar on upload moves very quickly
after about half way, whereas the download is at a steady rate, which
makes me wonder if it skips part of the upload.

Cable is a marked up as Baofeng and is regularly used with the UV5R
without problems.

OS is Mageia Linux using our official package which is maintained by me.

Any ideas welcome.

Cheers,
Barry