[chirp_users] UV-5R and volume.

JD Morrow
Sat Jun 8 13:16:55 PDT 2019

All,
    Have been programming multiple (15+/-) UV-5's, for our group, for
several years. Never have had to mess with the volume. Versions of hardware
at the beginning was the worst. Cables and drivers, were a pain for a while
to, but not the radio controls.

73's JD
k2txv

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Unroe
Sent: Saturday, June 8, 2019 1:22 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] UV-5R and volume.

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 12:56 PM Don Goodrich <don.goodrich at cheerful.com>
wrote:

> Certainly the computer volume control has no influence but since the data
> is being communicated to/from the radio over the external radio audio
> port, the radio volume control needs to be set midrange for the cable to
> "hear" the outbound data.
>
> Don Goodrich
> don.goodrich at Cheerful.com
> AF7DG

The digital data is proviced on connections that have nothing to do
with the connections for the analog speaker audio or the analog
microphone audio. In addition to the audio wires (that aren't included
in the programming cable since they are not necessary to have for
programming) and the data wires, there is even a connection that
provides DC voltage (5V or 3.3V depending on the radio) to power
external devices.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Technical.php#spkrmic