[chirp_users] Second Attempt cant program my radio

gearjam at ken-tennwireless.com
Wed Jun 5 17:52:11 PDT 2019

I bought $20.00 program cable from Amazon. Had to download driver CDM
v2.12.28 WHQL Certified. Downloaded CHIRP UV82S35. When I click on "Read
data from radio" a small window opens that says "Read data from radio"
with three tabs, "Read", "Cancel" and "Help". When I click on Read I get
another small window that says "Operation Prompt" with the message "!
Fail connect with transceiver". When I click on Help nothing  happens.
Cable is firmly plugged into radio to the second click. Tried dampening
the pins for a better connection as per the Baofeng instructions. I've
also tried the radio on both channel mode and frequency mode. Checked
Miklor.com to no avail. I accidently keyed the PPT button and heard a
buzz from my computer speakers so I believe I have a connection with the
cable. Any advice???????
Steve Prime