[chirp_users] chirp_users Digest, Vol 121, Issue 15

Keith .Yordy keith.yordy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 12:08:59 PST 2019


Jardy,

 Regarding the Duplex programming, my question was when using Chirp no
observable changes can be seen in the Baofeng menu. I was just curious as
to how that information is stored. To manually set up duplex, I assume your
description of the procedure is correct.

KY

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 3:04 PM <chirp_users-request at intrepid.danplanet.com>
wrote:

> Send chirp_users mailing list submissions to
>         chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>         http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>         chirp_users-request at intrepid.danplanet.com
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>         chirp_users-owner at intrepid.danplanet.com
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of chirp_users digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: KT7900D/QB25 driver for macOS 10.13 (Mojave)? (Jim Unroe)
>    2. Re: KT7900D/QB25 driver for macOS 10.13 (Mojave)?
>       (Frederick R. McDougall)
>    3. Re: KT7900D/QB25 driver for macOS 10.13 (Mojave)? (Pat Anderson)
>    4. Re: Tyt 9800 Update working with CSV files (Gary Craig)
>    5. Re: Tyt 9800 Update working with CSV files
>       (Nigel A. Gunn  G8IFF/W8IFF)
>    6. Re: How do I get extended error report from CHIRP? debug.log
>       location in windows 10 (Gary Craig)
>    7. Re: Tyt 9800 Update squelch issue (Gary Craig)
>    8. Re: Tyt 9800 Update working with CSV files (Glenn At Home)
>    9. Re: Tyt 9800 Update working with CSV files (Glenn At Home)
>   10. Re: KT7900D/QB25 driver for macOS 10.13 (Mojave)? (Chuck Hast)
>   11. Re: KT7900D/QB25 driver for macOS 10.13 (Mojave)? (Patty Winter)
>   12. UV-5R question (Keith .Yordy)
>   13. Re: Tyt 9800 Update working with CSV files (Gary Craig)
>   14. Re: UV-5R question (Jardy)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 15:28:19 -0500
> From: Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] KT7900D/QB25 driver for macOS 10.13
>         (Mojave)?
> To: Patty Winter <n6bis at yahoo.com>,     Discussion of CHIRP
>         <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Message-ID:
>         <
> CADnO8U5HKwDg_25bu8JAa-BZZMyaLhjS5wmGFtFvcA+sT4NPSg at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 1:34 PM Patty Winter via chirp_users
> <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
> >
> >
> > Success!
> >
> > I went over to mac-usb-serial.com as Jim suggested, intending to send
> them email asking whether the Radioddity/QYT cable was likely supported.
> They had a button on their home page to download a serial detection app,
> and when I did that, it saw the cable immediately and gave me a link to the
> order page for the correct driver. Three minutes and $9.30 later, I was
> successfully retrieving data from my QB25. I exported it to a CSV file so I
> can peruse it in Excel.
> >
> > Thanks for the help, guys. If either of you are involved in CHIRP
> development, perhaps you can suggest that mac-usb-serial.com be mentioned
> on the MacOS Tips page. Their detection app makes it easy to tell whether
> you can get a compatible driver without all the trial and error of
> downloading other drivers. I still don't know what happened to the other
> 2-3 drivers I installed. They said "Installation successful" but I don't
> see them on my Mac.
> >
> >
> > 73,
> > Patty
>
> This is great news. Have fun with your radio and CHIRP.
>
> Jim KC9HI
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 14:33:36 -0700
> From: "Frederick R. McDougall" <frmcdo at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] KT7900D/QB25 driver for macOS 10.13
>         (Mojave)?
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Message-ID:
>         <
> CAOZZO6C5G5RSZzj1VXUwHX6J2CsZJ4wQP98ruT9TQ5fLRMfbpg at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> PAtty
> Please be carefully with Excel as it truncates trailing commas which upsets
> Chirp   Try LibreOffice which does not do this.
> Fred VA6FRM
>
> On Sun., Jan. 20, 2019, 13:30 Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 1:34 PM Patty Winter via chirp_users
> > <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > > Success!
> > >
> > > I went over to mac-usb-serial.com as Jim suggested, intending to send
> > them email asking whether the Radioddity/QYT cable was likely supported.
> > They had a button on their home page to download a serial detection app,
> > and when I did that, it saw the cable immediately and gave me a link to
> the
> > order page for the correct driver. Three minutes and $9.30 later, I was
> > successfully retrieving data from my QB25. I exported it to a CSV file
> so I
> > can peruse it in Excel.
> > >
> > > Thanks for the help, guys. If either of you are involved in CHIRP
> > development, perhaps you can suggest that mac-usb-serial.com be
> mentioned
> > on the MacOS Tips page. Their detection app makes it easy to tell whether
> > you can get a compatible driver without all the trial and error of
> > downloading other drivers. I still don't know what happened to the other
> > 2-3 drivers I installed. They said "Installation successful" but I don't
> > see them on my Mac.
> > >
> > >
> > > 73,
> > > Patty
> >
> > This is great news. Have fun with your radio and CHIRP.
> >
> > Jim KC9HI
> > _______________________________________________
> > chirp_users mailing list
> > chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> > http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
> > This message was sent to Fred McDougall VA6FRM at frmcdo at gmail.com
> > To unsubscribe, send an email to
> > chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com
> >
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20190120/a9a4d598/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 07:46:15 -0700
> From: Pat Anderson <anderson5420 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] KT7900D/QB25 driver for macOS 10.13
>         (Mojave)?
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Message-ID:
>         <
> CAAZHF4Q3O_diWhJpDQPmfn-irOHYX-DMOdPG_UvXpbB7vFis5Q at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> I have bookmarked mac-usb-serial.com.  This reminded me that Mac drivers
> are actually implemented as " kexts" (kernal extensions). I do not have
> MacOS Mohave - does anyone know for sure whether that OS broke the Miklor
> MacOS driver?
>
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 2:35 PM Frederick R. McDougall <frmcdo at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > PAtty
> > Please be carefully with Excel as it truncates trailing commas which
> > upsets Chirp   Try LibreOffice which does not do this.
> > Fred VA6FRM
> >
> > On Sun., Jan. 20, 2019, 13:30 Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com wrote:
> >
> >> On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 1:34 PM Patty Winter via chirp_users
> >> <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > Success!
> >> >
> >> > I went over to mac-usb-serial.com as Jim suggested, intending to send
> >> them email asking whether the Radioddity/QYT cable was likely supported.
> >> They had a button on their home page to download a serial detection app,
> >> and when I did that, it saw the cable immediately and gave me a link to
> the
> >> order page for the correct driver. Three minutes and $9.30 later, I was
> >> successfully retrieving data from my QB25. I exported it to a CSV file
> so I
> >> can peruse it in Excel.
> >> >
> >> > Thanks for the help, guys. If either of you are involved in CHIRP
> >> development, perhaps you can suggest that mac-usb-serial.com be
> >> mentioned on the MacOS Tips page. Their detection app makes it easy to
> tell
> >> whether you can get a compatible driver without all the trial and error
> of
> >> downloading other drivers. I still don't know what happened to the other
> >> 2-3 drivers I installed. They said "Installation successful" but I don't
> >> see them on my Mac.
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > 73,
> >> > Patty
> >>
> >> This is great news. Have fun with your radio and CHIRP.
> >>
> >> Jim KC9HI
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> chirp_users mailing list
> >> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> >> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
> >> This message was sent to Fred McDougall VA6FRM at frmcdo at gmail.com
> >> To unsubscribe, send an email to
> >> chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com
> >>
> > _______________________________________________
> > chirp_users mailing list
> > chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> > http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
> > This message was sent to Pat Anderson at anderson5420 at gmail.com
> > To unsubscribe, send an email to
> > chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20190121/d5515720/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 15:05:48 +0000
> From: Gary Craig <gcraig at WebcoIndustries.com>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Tyt 9800 Update working with CSV files
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Message-ID:
>         <
> BN6PR02MB3249EF83D3AF065304E5D29ECC9F0 at BN6PR02MB3249.namprd02.prod.outlook.com
> >
>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> Glenn,
> Thanks for the heads up about open office.  I have had issues with excel
> and open office working with csv files.  Did a little research trying to
> find a good csv editor and ran across this article:
> How to open CSV files safely with Microsoft Excel
> SupportAbility exports a number of CSV (Comma Separated Value) data files
> that can be used by other applications for invoicing, NDIS payment requests
> and other purposes.
> THE PROBLEM
> It is quite common for SupportAbility users to open these exported CSV
> files using programs like Microsoft Excel to check their contents before
> importing the file into a third party application such as MYOB.  However,
> when Microsoft Excel opens a CSV file, it attempts to interpret the data in
> that file and starts making changes to it.
> For example, if Excel sees something in the CSV file that it identifies as
> a date (often incorrectly), Excel will change the date format in the CSV
> file to suit the way that it prefers to dates to be formatted.
> Unfortunately, this generally has the unintended consequence of breaking
> the CSV file for the third party application that the CSV was specifically
> designed for.
> THE SOLUTION
> If you need to open a CSV file in Excel without breaking it, here's how to
> do it:
>
>   1.  Open a new Excel sheet, select the Data tab, then click 'From Text'
> in the Get External Data group.
>   2.  Browse to the CSV file and select 'Import'.
>   3.  In step 1 of the Import Wizard choose 'Delimited' as the original
> data type. Click 'Next'.
>   4.  In step 2 of the Import Wizard choose Comma as the delimiter
> (deselect the Tab check box) and click 'Next'.
>   5.  In step 3 of the Import Wizard, you tell Excel not to change your
> formats. With the first column in the Data Preview selected, scroll across
> to the last column and select it while holding the SHIFT key (all columns
> should now be selected).  Then select 'Text' as the Column Data Format and
> click 'Finish'.
>   6.  Click OK to insert the data into cell A1
> You should now have a spreadsheet with the imported data but without Excel
> breaking the formatting required for the intended third party application.
> Remember to export the file from Excel to CSV again before uploading to the
> third party application if you have made changes.
>
> https://help.supportability.com.au/article/250-how-to-open-csv-files-safely-with-microsoft-excel
>
> I will try this out when i get a chance and see if it will solve my issues
> so i can get all my radios programmed correctly.
>
> Be blessed!
> May 2019 be our year of change & growth!
>
> Gary Craig
> Maintenance
> Webco Industries
> Texas Distribution
> 750 Martin Luther King Jr Dr
> Orange, TX 77630-3094
> 409-886-0807 ext. 107
> Fax 918-246-7045
>
> gcraig at webcotube.com<mailto:gcraig at webcotube.com>
>
> From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com <
> chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> On Behalf Of Glenn At Home
> Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2019 6:27 PM
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Subject: [chirp_users] Tyt 9800 Update
>
> This email originated from an external sender. Use caution when following
> links or opening attachments as they could be malicious
>
> Thanks All, I think I got it working.
> I tweaked the CSV file, at one point, Open Office took out all the values
> in the offset column, so I opened another file in Excel that was about the
> same, and I selected the column and copied it and switched over to the file
> in Open Office and pasted it in.
> Setting it to the defaults helped, because this time when I imported the
> file, I think, the VHF is on the left and the UHF is on the right.
> Not much UHF going on around here to be sure.
> I need to learn the buttons on the mic other than the number pad and I
> know the top switch locks some of the keys, including the two top ones.
> It's good to turn those off, as I find myself pressing keys on that thing
> just by holding it while punching a button.
> Anyway,  thanks all for helping me get this far.
> Glenn
>
>
> Sent From My Tabletop
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20190121/070a7dbc/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 10:15:56 -0500 (EST)
> From: "Nigel A. Gunn  G8IFF/W8IFF" <nigel at ngunn.net>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Tyt 9800 Update working with CSV files
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>,   Gary
>         Craig <gcraig at WebcoIndustries.com>
> Message-ID: <725684218.808758.1548083756564 at email.ionos.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Isn't it easier to just use Chirp's inbuilt editor?
>
> I've never neededd to play with CSV format.
>
> > On 21 January 2019 at 10:05 Gary Craig <gcraig at WebcoIndustries.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >
> >     Glenn,
> >
> >     Thanks for the heads up about open office.  I have had issues with
> excel and open office working with csv files.  Did a little research trying
> to find a good csv editor and ran across this article:
> >
> >     How to open CSV files safely with Microsoft Excel
> >
> >     SupportAbility exports a number of CSV (Comma Separated Value) data
> files that can be used by other applications for invoicing, NDIS payment
> requests and other purposes.
> >
> >     THE PROBLEM
> >
> >     It is quite common for SupportAbility users to open these exported
> CSV files using programs like Microsoft Excel to check their contents
> before importing the file into a third party application such as MYOB.
> However, when Microsoft Excel opens a CSV file, it attempts to interpret
> the data in that file and starts making changes to it.
> >
> >     For example, if Excel sees something in the CSV file that it
> identifies as a date (often incorrectly), Excel will change the date format
> in the CSV file to suit the way that it prefers to dates to be formatted.
> Unfortunately, this generally has the unintended consequence of breaking
> the CSV file for the third party application that the CSV was specifically
> designed for.
> >
> >     THE SOLUTION
> >
> >     If you need to open a CSV file in Excel without breaking it, here's
> how to do it:
> >
> >        1. Open a new Excel sheet, select the Data tab, then click 'From
> Text' in the Get External Data group.
> >        2. Browse to the CSV file and select 'Import'.
> >        3. In step 1 of the Import Wizard choose 'Delimited' as the
> original data type. Click 'Next'.
> >        4. In step 2 of the Import Wizard choose Comma as the delimiter
> (deselect the Tab check box) and click 'Next'.
> >        5. In step 3 of the Import Wizard, you tell Excel not to change
> your formats. With the first column in the Data Preview selected, scroll
> across to the last column and select it while holding the SHIFT key (all
> columns should now be selected).  Then select 'Text' as the Column Data
> Format and click 'Finish'.
> >        6. Click OK to insert the data into cell A1
> >
> >     You should now have a spreadsheet with the imported data but without
> Excel breaking the formatting required for the intended third party
> application.  Remember to export the file from Excel to CSV again before
> uploading to the third party application if you have made changes.
> >
> >
> https://help.supportability.com.au/article/250-how-to-open-csv-files-safely-with-microsoft-excel
> >
> >
> >
> >     I will try this out when i get a chance and see if it will solve my
> issues so i can get all my radios programmed correctly.
> >
> >
> >
> >     Be blessed!
> >
> >     May 2019 be our year of change & growth!
> >
> >
> >
> >     Gary Craig
> >
> >     Maintenance
> >
> >     Webco Industries
> >
> >     Texas Distribution
> >
> >     750 Martin Luther King Jr Dr
> >
> >     Orange, TX 77630-3094
> >
> >     409-886-0807 ext. 107
> >
> >     Fax 918-246-7045
> >
> >
> >
> >     gcraig at webcotube.com mailto:gcraig at webcotube.com
> >
> >
> >
> >     From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com <
> chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> On Behalf Of Glenn At Home
> >     Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2019 6:27 PM
> >     To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> >     Subject: [chirp_users] Tyt 9800 Update
> >
> >
> >
> >     This email originated from an external sender. Use caution when
> following links or opening attachments as they could be malicious
> >
> >     Thanks All, I think I got it working.
> >
> >     I tweaked the CSV file, at one point, Open Office took out all the
> values in the offset column, so I opened another file in Excel that was
> about the same, and I selected the column and copied it and switched over
> to the file in Open Office and pasted it in.
> >
> >     Setting it to the defaults helped, because this time when I imported
> the file, I think, the VHF is on the left and the UHF is on the right.
> >
> >     Not much UHF going on around here to be sure.
> >
> >     I need to learn the buttons on the mic other than the number pad and
> I know the top switch locks some of the keys, including the two top ones.
> >
> >     It's good to turn those off, as I find myself pressing keys on that
> thing just by holding it while punching a button.
> >
> >     Anyway,  thanks all for helping me get this far.
> >
> >     Glenn
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >     Sent From My Tabletop
> >
>
>
>
>
> > _______________________________________________
> >     chirp_users mailing list
> >     chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> >     http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
> >     This message was sent to Nigel Gunn, W8IFF at nigel at ngunn.net
> >     To unsubscribe, send an email to
> chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com
> >
>
>
>
>
>
> Nigel A. Gunn, 1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA. tel +1 937
> 825 5032
> Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel at ngunn.net www
> http://www.ngunn.net
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20190121/0b149330/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 15:37:56 +0000
> From: Gary Craig <gcraig at WebcoIndustries.com>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] How do I get extended error report from
>         CHIRP? debug.log location in windows 10
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>, "D.J.J.
>         Ring,   Jr." <n1ea at arrl.net>
> Message-ID:
>         <
> BN6PR02MB3249EFCB274F94C679D79451CC9F0 at BN6PR02MB3249.namprd02.prod.outlook.com
> >
>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> On my windows 10 laptop the location of the debug.log file is under
> Windows\Users\username of installer(in my case under admin since i
> installed it that way)\AppData\Roaming\CHIRP
>
> Be blessed!
> May 2019 be our year of change & growth!
>
> Gary Craig
> Maintenance
> Webco Industries
> Texas Distribution
> 750 Martin Luther King Jr Dr
> Orange, TX 77630-3094
> 409-886-0807 ext. 107
> Fax 918-246-7045
>
> gcraig at webcotube.com<mailto:gcraig at webcotube.com>
>
> From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com <
> chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> On Behalf Of Nigel A. Gunn
> G8IFF/W8IFF
> Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2019 4:02 PM
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>; D.J.J.
> Ring, Jr. <n1ea at arrl.net>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] How do I get extended error report from CHIRP?
>
> This email originated from an external sender. Use caution when following
> links or opening attachments as they could be malicious
>
>
> It's in the DEBUG.LOG file stored somewhere on your hard drive (in the
> ~/chirp folder on Linux, no idea where in Windows)
> On 17 January 2019 at 16:34 "D.J.J. Ring, Jr." <n1ea at arrl.net<mailto:
> n1ea at arrl.net>> wrote:
> How do I get extended debugging info from CHIRP.
>
> I finally was able to test my USB cable.  My cable is fine.  My Wouxun
> KG-UV8E works fine on Wouxun's Windows software, but does not work on
> CHIRP, either on Windows 10 or Arch Linux.
>
> I went back to the January 2018 daily build of CHIRP and used the
> module that is for the UV8D Plus kguv8dplus.py and it doesn't work.
>
> How can I help with this?
>
> Regards,
>
> David N1EA
> _______________________________________________
> chirp_users mailing list
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com<mailto:
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
> This message was sent to Nigel Gunn, W8IFF at nigel at ngunn.net<mailto:
> nigel at ngunn.net>
> To unsubscribe, send an email to
> chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com<mailto:
> chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com>
>
>
>
> Nigel A. Gunn, 1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA. tel +1 937
> 825 5032
> Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel at ngunn.net<mailto:
> nigel at ngunn.net> www http://www.ngunn.net
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20190121/084404c6/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 15:44:22 +0000
> From: Gary Craig <gcraig at WebcoIndustries.com>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Tyt 9800 Update squelch issue
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>, Jardy
>         <jardy72 at yahoo.com>
> Message-ID:
>         <
> BN6PR02MB3249F9A11F9AEDB1D5B3528CCC9F0 at BN6PR02MB3249.namprd02.prod.outlook.com
> >
>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> Glenn,
> You may have to short press the top right knob to set the right side as
> main band first before the squelch knob becomes active.
>
> Be blessed!
> May 2019 be our year of change & growth!
>
> Gary Craig
> Maintenance
> Webco Industries
> Texas Distribution
> 750 Martin Luther King Jr Dr
> Orange, TX 77630-3094
> 409-886-0807 ext. 107
> Fax 918-246-7045
>
> gcraig at webcotube.com<mailto:gcraig at webcotube.com>
>
> From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com <
> chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> On Behalf Of Glenn At Home
> Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2019 6:51 PM
> To: Jardy <jardy72 at yahoo.com>; Discussion of CHIRP <
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Tyt 9800 Update
>
> This email originated from an external sender. Use caution when following
> links or opening attachments as they could be malicious
>
> One reason I found already is I can squelch one side and not the other.
> Glenn
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Jardy via chirp_users<mailto:chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> To: Discussion of CHIRP<mailto:chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2019 6:46 PM
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Tyt 9800 Update
>
> Why would you want to have vhf on one side and uhf on the other, instead
> of both sides the same?  What if you want to listen to two vhf or two uhf
> frequencies?  The only reason I can think of is if you would run out of
> channel storage space for all the frequencies you want to listen to
> otherwise.  Just my $0.03 (inflation) worth.
> Jardy Dawson WA7JRD
> Message sent through sub space hailing frequencies using the Universal
> Translator.
>
>
> On Jan 19, 2019, at 16:27, Glenn At Home <GlennErvin at cableone.net<mailto:
> GlennErvin at cableone.net>> wrote:
> Thanks All, I think I got it working.
> I tweaked the CSV file, at one point, Open Office took out all the values
> in the offset column, so I opened another file in Excel that was about the
> same, and I selected the column and copied it and switched over to the file
> in Open Office and pasted it in.
> Setting it to the defaults helped, because this time when I imported the
> file, I think, the VHF is on the left and the UHF is on the right.
> Not much UHF going on around here to be sure.
> I need to learn the buttons on the mic other than the number pad and I
> know the top switch locks some of the keys, including the two top ones.
> It's good to turn those off, as I find myself pressing keys on that thing
> just by holding it while punching a button.
> Anyway,  thanks all for helping me get this far.
> Glenn
>
>
> Sent From My Tabletop
> _______________________________________________
> chirp_users mailing list
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com<mailto:
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
> This message was sent to Jardy at jardy72 at yahoo.com<mailto:
> jardy72 at yahoo.com>
> To unsubscribe, send an email to
> chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com<mailto:
> chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> ________________________________
> _______________________________________________
> chirp_users mailing list
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com<mailto:
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
> This message was sent to Glenn at glennervin at cableone.net<mailto:
> glennervin at cableone.net>
> To unsubscribe, send an email to
> chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com<mailto:
> chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20190121/5a8067cd/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 10:20:43 -0600
> From: "Glenn At Home" <GlennErvin at cableone.net>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Tyt 9800 Update working with CSV files
> To: "Discussion of CHIRP" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Message-ID: <983165BE5C074DCD99BFBCBBA05A70D2 at NUCPPYH>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> That's good information Gary.
> Thanks.
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Gary Craig
> To: Discussion of CHIRP
> Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 9:05 AM
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Tyt 9800 Update working with CSV files
>
>
> Glenn,
>
> Thanks for the heads up about open office.  I have had issues with excel
> and open office working with csv files.  Did a little research trying to
> find a good csv editor and ran across this article:
>
> How to open CSV files safely with Microsoft Excel
>
> SupportAbility exports a number of CSV (Comma Separated Value) data files
> that can be used by other applications for invoicing, NDIS payment requests
> and other purposes.
>
> THE PROBLEM
>
> It is quite common for SupportAbility users to open these exported CSV
> files using programs like Microsoft Excel to check their contents before
> importing the file into a third party application such as MYOB.  However,
> when Microsoft Excel opens a CSV file, it attempts to interpret the data in
> that file and starts making changes to it.
>
> For example, if Excel sees something in the CSV file that it identifies as
> a date (often incorrectly), Excel will change the date format in the CSV
> file to suit the way that it prefers to dates to be formatted.
> Unfortunately, this generally has the unintended consequence of breaking
> the CSV file for the third party application that the CSV was specifically
> designed for.
>
> THE SOLUTION
>
> If you need to open a CSV file in Excel without breaking it, here's how to
> do it:
>
>   1.. Open a new Excel sheet, select the Data tab, then click 'From Text'
> in the Get External Data group.
>   2.. Browse to the CSV file and select 'Import'.
>   3.. In step 1 of the Import Wizard choose 'Delimited' as the original
> data type. Click 'Next'.
>   4.. In step 2 of the Import Wizard choose Comma as the delimiter
> (deselect the Tab check box) and click 'Next'.
>   5.. In step 3 of the Import Wizard, you tell Excel not to change your
> formats. With the first column in the Data Preview selected, scroll across
> to the last column and select it while holding the SHIFT key (all columns
> should now be selected).  Then select 'Text' as the Column Data Format and
> click 'Finish'.
>   6.. Click OK to insert the data into cell A1
> You should now have a spreadsheet with the imported data but without Excel
> breaking the formatting required for the intended third party application.
> Remember to export the file from Excel to CSV again before uploading to the
> third party application if you have made changes.
>
>
> https://help.supportability.com.au/article/250-how-to-open-csv-files-safely-with-microsoft-excel
>
>
>
> I will try this out when i get a chance and see if it will solve my issues
> so i can get all my radios programmed correctly.
>
>
>
> Be blessed!
>
> May 2019 be our year of change & growth!
>
>
>
> Gary Craig
>
> Maintenance
>
> Webco Industries
>
> Texas Distribution
>
> 750 Martin Luther King Jr Dr
>
> Orange, TX 77630-3094
>
> 409-886-0807 ext. 107
>
> Fax 918-246-7045
>
>
>
> gcraig at webcotube.com
>
>
>
> From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com <
> chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> On Behalf Of Glenn At Home
> Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2019 6:27 PM
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Subject: [chirp_users] Tyt 9800 Update
>
>
>
>       This email originated from an external sender. Use caution when
> following links or opening attachments as they could be malicious
>
>
> Thanks All, I think I got it working.
>
> I tweaked the CSV file, at one point, Open Office took out all the values
> in the offset column, so I opened another file in Excel that was about the
> same, and I selected the column and copied it and switched over to the file
> in Open Office and pasted it in.
>
> Setting it to the defaults helped, because this time when I imported the
> file, I think, the VHF is on the left and the UHF is on the right.
>
> Not much UHF going on around here to be sure.
>
> I need to learn the buttons on the mic other than the number pad and I
> know the top switch locks some of the keys, including the two top ones.
>
> It's good to turn those off, as I find myself pressing keys on that thing
> just by holding it while punching a button.
>
> Anyway,  thanks all for helping me get this far.
>
> Glenn
>
>
>
>
> Sent From My Tabletop
>
>
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> chirp_users mailing list
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
> This message was sent to Glenn at glennervin at cableone.net
> To unsubscribe, send an email to
> chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20190121/2b396d65/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 9
> Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 10:22:10 -0600
> From: "Glenn At Home" <GlennErvin at cableone.net>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Tyt 9800 Update working with CSV files
> To: "Discussion of CHIRP" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Message-ID: <65C6C6889F3748519CB02C7C2B3D1CE9 at NUCPPYH>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> I personally haven't found it to be very intuitive for editing.
> Glenn
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
> To: Discussion of CHIRP ; Gary Craig
> Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 9:15 AM
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Tyt 9800 Update working with CSV files
>
>
> Isn't it easier to just use Chirp's inbuilt editor?
>
> I've never neededd to play with CSV format.
>
>   On 21 January 2019 at 10:05 Gary Craig <gcraig at WebcoIndustries.com>
> wrote:
>
>
>   Glenn,
>
>   Thanks for the heads up about open office.  I have had issues with excel
> and open office working with csv files.  Did a little research trying to
> find a good csv editor and ran across this article:
>
>   How to open CSV files safely with Microsoft Excel
>
>   SupportAbility exports a number of CSV (Comma Separated Value) data
> files that can be used by other applications for invoicing, NDIS payment
> requests and other purposes.
>
>   THE PROBLEM
>
>   It is quite common for SupportAbility users to open these exported CSV
> files using programs like Microsoft Excel to check their contents before
> importing the file into a third party application such as MYOB.  However,
> when Microsoft Excel opens a CSV file, it attempts to interpret the data in
> that file and starts making changes to it.
>
>   For example, if Excel sees something in the CSV file that it identifies
> as a date (often incorrectly), Excel will change the date format in the CSV
> file to suit the way that it prefers to dates to be formatted.
> Unfortunately, this generally has the unintended consequence of breaking
> the CSV file for the third party application that the CSV was specifically
> designed for.
>
>   THE SOLUTION
>
>   If you need to open a CSV file in Excel without breaking it, here's how
> to do it:
>
>     1.. Open a new Excel sheet, select the Data tab, then click 'From
> Text' in the Get External Data group.
>     2.. Browse to the CSV file and select 'Import'.
>     3.. In step 1 of the Import Wizard choose 'Delimited' as the original
> data type. Click 'Next'.
>     4.. In step 2 of the Import Wizard choose Comma as the delimiter
> (deselect the Tab check box) and click 'Next'.
>     5.. In step 3 of the Import Wizard, you tell Excel not to change your
> formats. With the first column in the Data Preview selected, scroll across
> to the last column and select it while holding the SHIFT key (all columns
> should now be selected).  Then select 'Text' as the Column Data Format and
> click 'Finish'.
>     6.. Click OK to insert the data into cell A1
>   You should now have a spreadsheet with the imported data but without
> Excel breaking the formatting required for the intended third party
> application.  Remember to export the file from Excel to CSV again before
> uploading to the third party application if you have made changes.
>
>
> https://help.supportability.com.au/article/250-how-to-open-csv-files-safely-with-microsoft-excel
>
>
>
>   I will try this out when i get a chance and see if it will solve my
> issues so i can get all my radios programmed correctly.
>
>
>
>   Be blessed!
>
>   May 2019 be our year of change & growth!
>
>
>
>   Gary Craig
>
>   Maintenance
>
>   Webco Industries
>
>   Texas Distribution
>
>   750 Martin Luther King Jr Dr
>
>   Orange, TX 77630-3094
>
>   409-886-0807 ext. 107
>
>   Fax 918-246-7045
>
>
>
>   gcraig at webcotube.com
>
>
>
>   From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com <
> chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> On Behalf Of Glenn At Home
>   Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2019 6:27 PM
>   To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
>   Subject: [chirp_users] Tyt 9800 Update
>
>
>
>         This email originated from an external sender. Use caution when
> following links or opening attachments as they could be malicious
>
>
>   Thanks All, I think I got it working.
>
>   I tweaked the CSV file, at one point, Open Office took out all the
> values in the offset column, so I opened another file in Excel that was
> about the same, and I selected the column and copied it and switched over
> to the file in Open Office and pasted it in.
>
>   Setting it to the defaults helped, because this time when I imported the
> file, I think, the VHF is on the left and the UHF is on the right.
>
>   Not much UHF going on around here to be sure.
>
>   I need to learn the buttons on the mic other than the number pad and I
> know the top switch locks some of the keys, including the two top ones.
>
>   It's good to turn those off, as I find myself pressing keys on that
> thing just by holding it while punching a button.
>
>   Anyway,  thanks all for helping me get this far.
>
>   Glenn
>
>
>
>
>   Sent From My Tabletop
>
>
>
>
>   _______________________________________________
>   chirp_users mailing list
>   chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
>   http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
>   This message was sent to Nigel Gunn, W8IFF at nigel at ngunn.net
>   To unsubscribe, send an email to
> chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Nigel A. Gunn, 1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA. tel +1 937
> 825 5032
> Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel at ngunn.net www
> http://www.ngunn.net
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> chirp_users mailing list
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
> This message was sent to Glenn at glennervin at cableone.net
> To unsubscribe, send an email to
> chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20190121/badebb01/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 10
> Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 10:57:50 -0600
> From: Chuck Hast <kp4djt at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] KT7900D/QB25 driver for macOS 10.13
>         (Mojave)?
> To: Patty Winter <n6bis at yahoo.com>,     Discussion of CHIRP
>         <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Message-ID:
>         <CAN9xdP8Zk2szN4t6D7b77co3=GoCRSXf=5j=
> 4VMD5NQQApQK2Q at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Watch out for Excel, it is evil on CSV files. It mangles them, I use both
> CHIRP and programs
> for my DMR radios, and I am moving stuff in and out of CSV files, found out
> the hard way that
> Excel does not excel when it comes to CSV. Libre Office is a good option or
> you can look at it
> with note or any other text processing app.
>
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 12:43 PM Patty Winter via chirp_users <
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
>
> > Pat, you'll see from my other message that it was a driver issue and I
> > found one that works. But no problem tossing terms like ".plist" at me!
> > I've been a UNIX command-line user for decades, so I'm quite comfortable
> in
> > the macOS Terminal program. Supposedly the communication drivers are in
> the
> > /dev directory as .cu and .tty files; I don't know whether they also show
> > up in plists. There's still no sign of the first few drivers I tried to
> > install (if I get around to it I'll grep the system for them), but the
> one
> > from Repleo (mac-usb-serial.com) is in the /dev directory and working
> > fine.
> >
> >
> > Patty
> >
> > ----------
> >
> >
> > On Sunday, January 20, 2019, 10:33:56 AM PST, Pat Anderson <
> > anderson5420 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >
> > The only other thing I can think of is that your cable might not be fully
> > plugged into your radio. I do not think your Mac is "seeing" your radio -
> > if you chose it from the drop-down boxes for Vendor and Model, CHIRP
> > remembers these settings. Until you see a driver in the Port drop down
> box
> > (other than Bluetooth etc.)  there is no way your Mac or CHIRP is
> "seeing"
> > the radio. I have not gone "down deep" in the Mac for about three years
> > (when I switched to Linux, which has a mutual admiration society with
> > CHIRP) but as I recall the Mac implements the driver through a .plist
> file,
> > and it has pl2302 in the name.This is probably getting a bit beyond the
> > normal expectations for user interaction on a Mac! Sorry can't be more
> > helpful!
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > chirp_users mailing list
> > chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> > http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
> > This message was sent to Chuck Hast at kp4djt at gmail.com
> > To unsubscribe, send an email to
> > chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com
>
>
>
> --
> Chirp + Editcp + MD380Tools on Linux
> Celestial!!!
> Chuck -- KP4DJT
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20190121/14998963/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 11
> Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 17:28:37 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Patty Winter <n6bis at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] KT7900D/QB25 driver for macOS 10.13
>         (Mojave)?
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Message-ID: <234615538.1095872.1548091717696 at mail.yahoo.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
>  Thanks for the tips, Chuck, I was wondering how well that worked. When I
> exported my radio's memory data from CHIRP to a .csv file, I made a copy of
> it as an Excel file so I could add my own notes. I haven't touched the .csv
> file yet and may or may not get brave enough to do that and re-upload to
> the radio. :-) If I do, I'll edit that file in TextEdit instead of Excel.
>
>
> Patty N6BIS
>
>     On Monday, January 21, 2019, 8:58:02 AM PST, Chuck Hast <
> kp4djt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  Watch out for Excel, it is evil on CSV files. It mangles them, I use both
> CHIRP and programsfor my DMR radios, and I am moving stuff in and out of
> CSV files, found out the hard way thatExcel does not excel when it comes to
> CSV. Libre Office is a good option or you can look at itwith note or any
> other text processing app.?
> --
> Chirp + Editcp + MD380Tools on LinuxCelestial!!!Chuck -- KP4DJT
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20190121/3a05edfa/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 12
> Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 14:25:37 -0500
> From: "Keith .Yordy" <keith.yordy at gmail.com>
> Subject: [chirp_users] UV-5R question
> To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> Message-ID:
>         <CAKfUiR3NgRbuac6dEOBnUd=
> vkEe-txmJ0LeQzG6u-Lu5eKLOfg at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
>  I have used Chirp to setup several UV-5R units and it works fantastic!
> However, I was trying to setup a UV-5R with the keypad. I see in Chirp
> there is a setting for Duplex, but this doesn't appear to show up anywhere
> in the UV-5R. I have compared 462.600 simplex and 462.600 duplex and see no
> differences in the keypad menu system. if I was to setup a duplex channel
> manually, I am assuming I would have to set the offsets, etc., even though
> they show no differences on the UV-5R. Is there another trick I am missing?
>
> KY
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20190121/8bf6931f/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 13
> Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 19:31:09 +0000
> From: Gary Craig <gcraig at WebcoIndustries.com>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Tyt 9800 Update working with CSV files
> To: "Nigel A. Gunn  G8IFF/W8IFF" <nigel at ngunn.net>, Discussion of
>         CHIRP   <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Message-ID:
>         <
> BN6PR02MB32496EA83FAC6B974DC3991FCC9F0 at BN6PR02MB3249.namprd02.prod.outlook.com
> >
>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Nigel,
> I can't paste anything into chirp.  Only way i can enter anything into it
> is manually, or import an .img or .csv file.
>
> Be blessed!
> May 2019 be our year of change & growth!
>
> Gary Craig
> Maintenance
> Webco Industries
> Texas Distribution
> 750 Martin Luther King Jr Dr
> Orange, TX 77630-3094
> 409-886-0807 ext. 107
> Fax 918-246-7045
>
> gcraig at webcotube.com<mailto:gcraig at webcotube.com>
>
> From: Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF <nigel at ngunn.net>
> Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 9:16 AM
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>; Gary Craig
> <gcraig at WebcoIndustries.com>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Tyt 9800 Update working with CSV files
>
> This email originated from an external sender. Use caution when following
> links or opening attachments as they could be malicious
>
>
> Isn't it easier to just use Chirp's inbuilt editor?
>
> I've never neededd to play with CSV format.
> On 21 January 2019 at 10:05 Gary Craig <gcraig at WebcoIndustries.com<mailto:
> gcraig at WebcoIndustries.com>> wrote:
>
> Glenn,
>
> Thanks for the heads up about open office.  I have had issues with excel
> and open office working with csv files.  Did a little research trying to
> find a good csv editor and ran across this article:
>
> How to open CSV files safely with Microsoft Excel
>
> SupportAbility exports a number of CSV (Comma Separated Value) data files
> that can be used by other applications for invoicing, NDIS payment requests
> and other purposes.
>
> THE PROBLEM
>
> It is quite common for SupportAbility users to open these exported CSV
> files using programs like Microsoft Excel to check their contents before
> importing the file into a third party application such as MYOB.  However,
> when Microsoft Excel opens a CSV file, it attempts to interpret the data in
> that file and starts making changes to it.
>
> For example, if Excel sees something in the CSV file that it identifies as
> a date (often incorrectly), Excel will change the date format in the CSV
> file to suit the way that it prefers to dates to be formatted.
> Unfortunately, this generally has the unintended consequence of breaking
> the CSV file for the third party application that the CSV was specifically
> designed for.
>
> THE SOLUTION
>
> If you need to open a CSV file in Excel without breaking it, here's how to
> do it:
>
>   1.  Open a new Excel sheet, select the Data tab, then click 'From Text'
> in the Get External Data group.
>   2.  Browse to the CSV file and select 'Import'.
>   3.  In step 1 of the Import Wizard choose 'Delimited' as the original
> data type. Click 'Next'.
>   4.  In step 2 of the Import Wizard choose Comma as the delimiter
> (deselect the Tab check box) and click 'Next'.
>   5.  In step 3 of the Import Wizard, you tell Excel not to change your
> formats. With the first column in the Data Preview selected, scroll across
> to the last column and select it while holding the SHIFT key (all columns
> should now be selected).  Then select 'Text' as the Column Data Format and
> click 'Finish'.
>   6.  Click OK to insert the data into cell A1
>
> You should now have a spreadsheet with the imported data but without Excel
> breaking the formatting required for the intended third party application.
> Remember to export the file from Excel to CSV again before uploading to the
> third party application if you have made changes.
>
>
> https://help.supportability.com.au/article/250-how-to-open-csv-files-safely-with-microsoft-excel
>
>
>
> I will try this out when i get a chance and see if it will solve my issues
> so i can get all my radios programmed correctly.
>
>
>
> Be blessed!
>
> May 2019 be our year of change & growth!
>
>
>
> Gary Craig
>
> Maintenance
>
> Webco Industries
>
> Texas Distribution
>
> 750 Martin Luther King Jr Dr
>
> Orange, TX 77630-3094
>
> 409-886-0807 ext. 107
>
> Fax 918-246-7045
>
>
>
> gcraig at webcotube.com<mailto:gcraig at webcotube.com>
>
>
>
> From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com<mailto:
> chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> <
> chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com<mailto:
> chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com>> On Behalf Of Glenn At Home
> Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2019 6:27 PM
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com<mailto:
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>>
> Subject: [chirp_users] Tyt 9800 Update
>
>
>
> This email originated from an external sender. Use caution when following
> links or opening attachments as they could be malicious
>
>
> Thanks All, I think I got it working.
>
> I tweaked the CSV file, at one point, Open Office took out all the values
> in the offset column, so I opened another file in Excel that was about the
> same, and I selected the column and copied it and switched over to the file
> in Open Office and pasted it in.
>
> Setting it to the defaults helped, because this time when I imported the
> file, I think, the VHF is on the left and the UHF is on the right.
>
> Not much UHF going on around here to be sure.
>
> I need to learn the buttons on the mic other than the number pad and I
> know the top switch locks some of the keys, including the two top ones.
>
> It's good to turn those off, as I find myself pressing keys on that thing
> just by holding it while punching a button.
>
> Anyway,  thanks all for helping me get this far.
>
> Glenn
>
>
>
> Sent From My Tabletop
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> chirp_users mailing list
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com<mailto:
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
> This message was sent to Nigel Gunn, W8IFF at nigel at ngunn.net<mailto:
> nigel at ngunn.net>
> To unsubscribe, send an email to
> chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com<mailto:
> chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com>
>
>
>
>
>
> Nigel A. Gunn, 1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA. tel +1 937
> 825 5032
> Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel at ngunn.net<mailto:
> nigel at ngunn.net> www http://www.ngunn.net
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20190121/fbb05aa1/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 14
> Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 11:59:30 -0800
> From: Jardy <jardy72 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] UV-5R question
> To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Message-ID: <636E1343-8C57-4CEA-8AA0-1293E243A410 at yahoo.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> When you manually program a Baofeng, you must enter the receive frequency
> and it?s tone, etc first, then program the transmit frequency in the same
> channel. Doing the offset I believe only works manually in bro mode. See
> www.miklor.com for more info.
>
> Jardy Dawson WA7JRD
> Message sent through sub space hailing frequencies using the Universal
> Translator.
>
>
> > On Jan 21, 2019, at 11:25, Keith .Yordy <keith.yordy at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >  I have used Chirp to setup several UV-5R units and it works fantastic!
> However, I was trying to setup a UV-5R with the keypad. I see in Chirp
> there is a setting for Duplex, but this doesn't appear to show up anywhere
> in the UV-5R. I have compared 462.600 simplex and 462.600 duplex and see no
> differences in the keypad menu system. if I was to setup a duplex channel
> manually, I am assuming I would have to set the offsets, etc., even though
> they show no differences on the UV-5R. Is there another trick I am missing?
> >
> > KY
> > _______________________________________________
> > chirp_users mailing list
> > chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> > http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
> > This message was sent to Jardy at jardy72 at yahoo.com
> > To unsubscribe, send an email to
> chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20190121/fdad870f/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> chirp_users mailing list
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
> To unsubscribe, send an email to
> chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com
>
> End of chirp_users Digest, Vol 121, Issue 15
> ********************************************
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20190121/ab577bfe/attachment-0002.html 


More information about the chirp_users mailing list