[chirp_users] CHIRP issue to "download from Radio"

Jim Unroe
Fri Jan 18 11:30:02 PST 2019

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 12:12 PM Christophe via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> Sorry to disturb you with a newbie's problem but FAQ doesn't help me at all, so I have first raise a BUG (#6379) on CHIRP website, but perhaps this is not the best option...
>
> I'm French, and I recently purchase an Baofeng UV-5R on aliexpress, and would like to use CHIRP to modify options, name and frequency of channels.
> After some difficulties with the cable's driver (with WINDOWS 7), this is now CHIRP that don't want to download the image from my !
> Even if I put the correct PORT, Vendor (Baofeng) and Model (UV-5R) result is always: "Incorrect 'Model' selected" (But I have an UV-5R!)
>
> I have check some parameters on the Radio if it could help:
> (Power+3) BF4816N
> (Power+6) 181016N / B5R0001
> CHIRP version is the last one: chirp-daily-20190112
>
> Could you help me understand what is the issue? USB Cables is working with the original Boafeng software (but CHIRP seems to be a best option to edit).
>
> Thank you very much for help.
>
> Christophe

Hi Christophe,

It would be helpful if you would attach a debug.log file to your
issue. Instructions for locating the debug.log file for the CHIRP
supported operating systems is on this page:
https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/How_to_report_issues