[chirp_users] Possibly Bad USB to radio cable

Chuck Hast
Wed Jan 16 19:04:12 PST 2019

Same here, mine just works. I did have to deal with the group issue but
beyond that it works
with the radios (with exception of the IC-92AD which seems to have been
abandoned).

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 6:21 AM Dave B via chirp_users <
chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

> Odd.
>
> Chirp works very well indeed on Linux, plus even the dodgy/fake
> USB<>Serial cables all work without issue or needing to install
> drivers.  (But for how long...)
>
> Also, LibreOffice has an excellent spreadsheet that handles Chirp's .csv
> files very well indeed.
>
> There are other unrelated non-ham issues, but for running Chirp, it
> works very well.
>
> 73.
>
> Dave G0WBX.  (Using Linux Mint 17.3/32bit/Cinnamon, 18.3/32bit/Xfce,
> 19.1/64bit/Cinnamon.)
>

> On 14/01/2019 20:00, chirp_users-request at intrepid.danplanet.com wrote:
> > Message: 2
> > Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 19:52:59 -0700
> > From: <mike-2007 at elp.rr.com>
> > Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Possibly Bad USB to radio cable
> > To: "'Discussion of CHIRP'" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> >
> > Completely true.  Sadly, Linux will not do what I need it to do, also a
> moot point.
> >

> > Mike ? KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.
> >

> > The canyons are calling, colorful and deep.  But I have promises to
> keep.
> >
> > And miles to go still in my Jeep...   And miles to go still in my Jeep...
>
> --
> Created on and sent from a Unix like PC running and using free and open
> source software.
> ::

Chirp + Editcp + MD380Tools on Linux
Celestial!!!