[chirp_users] Possibly Bad USB to radio cable

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Sat Jan 12 19:22:54 PST 2019

Hi,

I have a Wouxun red colored cable, suddenly it no longer works.  I
have the Wouxun Windows programming software:  Doesn't communicate
with radio.  CHIRP on Win10 and Arch Linux: Same problem, radio
doesn't respond.

It used to work, now suddenly it doesn't work!

Is there some way I can check the USB to double jack (1/8 (3.5mm) and
3/32 inch (2.5mm).

I have a club member with the same cable, but it's been 20 days since
he was going to come over to test my cable by substitution.

It's either my transceiver or my cable!  Only have one hand held that
takes this cable!

I only have a 100 MHz dual trace 'scope and a nice RadioShack 22-812
DMM to test with. So I could capture slower pulses.  Probably won't be
a good test like substitution of working cable.

I know it's a fairly dumb question but you never know until you ask!

73
David N1EA