[chirp_users] New Daily Build

Scott Raines
Sun Feb 10 11:11:58 PST 2019

David,
 You are most certainly a gentleman and a scholar Sir. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your help here. While I’ve been around computers for years, I’ve really not improved on my navigation skills and user abilities much for quite a while. I get on, look around, check a forum or two or three, maybe manipulate a picture or two and that’s about it. So, learning from folks like you is certainly a privilege.

Now, may I ask. If I have say, oh, maybe a 2-3 day old version of Chirp and, really haven’t done much with it in terms of altering my radios, and, I've been informed just today (via me logging into Chirp this morning) that there is a new version of it, can I delete the entire Chirp from my computer and install the latest version and, go from there in creating back-ups, memories, and all that?
Scott

Sent from Windows Mail

From: D.J.J. Ring, Jr.<mailto:n1ea at arrl.net>
Sent: ‎Sunday‎, ‎February‎ ‎10‎, ‎2019 ‎12‎:‎55‎ ‎AM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com<mailto:chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>

Scott,

When you download from the radio, save the file (under File on the
menu, Save).  This is the img file.  Keep it as a prudent back up.

Then EXPORT (under File on the menu, export) it exports as a csv file
which LibreOffice can open.

Then use LibreOffice to open the file.  Don't use Microsoft, it will
cause problems because it adds commas where they should not be.  ONLY
use LibreOffice.  If you don't have it download here:
https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/

If you have another radio that is supported by CHIRP, you use
LibreOffice to copy the frequencies between the different radios.
That is you use the csv file as a common denominator for both radios.
You can use Control-C to copy and Control-V to paste the channels you
want to copy from one spreadsheet to the other spreadsheet.

Don't forget to save the spreadsheets after changing them.

73
David N1EA