[chirp_users] Fwd: Baofeng UV-B6 not supported?

Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
Sun Feb 3 11:39:19 PST 2019

Not unusual with chinese radios to find that a "new model" is just a rebadged something else.

You might find that calling it by another model name works.

> On 03 February 2019 at 14:18 Ernst Niebur <ernst.niebur at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>     Hello,
>
>     I just subscribed to this list. Could not find an answer to my question in the FAQ section, so I hope it is OK to ask here.
>
>     I am using chirpw on an Ubuntu system. It is the newest version, CHIRP daily-20190201. I have been using it for a while for two different Baofeng UV-5Rs and it works fine.
>
>     I then ordered a Baofeng UV-B6 which arrived last week. Before ordering it, I made sure it is in the list of supported models. So I tried first to download whatever is stored on the radio and I planned to then modify that (this is what I did with the UV-5Rs). However, I found that the UV-B6 is not in the drop-down list of models I can choose. The UV-B5 is listed but when I tried this setting it did not work.
>
>     Help?
>
>     Thank you!

Nigel A. Gunn, 1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA. tel +1 937 825 5032
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel at ngunn.net www http://www.ngunn.net