[chirp_users] Field names across different radios.

Neil Byng
Wed Dec 11 00:20:35 PST 2019

but bear in mind, for the naming feild, that some radios have diferent chr counts. as i found out between my gt3tp and a a58s which is a letter short.
----- Original Message -----
From: Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF<mailto:nigel at ngunn.net>
To: Discussion of CHIRP<mailto:chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> ; Dennis Wage<mailto:dwage at dwage.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 2:29 AM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Field names across different radios.

Yes, columns are consistent across all radio types.
Don't mess with CSV files.
You can copy and paste between Chirp windows/tabs.

On 10 December 2019 at 21:22 Dennis Wage <dwage at dwage.com<mailto:dwage at dwage.com>> wrote:

Across all the different radios that Chirp supports, are the field option names consistent?

To explain what I am asking:
For example the tone column in chirp. If the radio manufacturer A's software uses "T SQL" and manufacturer B's software uses "TOME SQL" does chirp default all radios to TSQL? And this goes for all the columns. Another example would be the skip column does chirp always do S and "blank" even if the radio has yes and no or whatever?

The reason I am asking is that I like to keep my radios consistent with one another, and I like to copy and paste from one radio to another's CSV file. If they are all different naming conventions I have a lot of "find a replace" to do.

In the future I'd like to use chirp for frequency channels on all my radios, and the manufacturers software for menu items.

I hope I am clear on this and it explained it plainly enough.

73

Dennis M. Wage (W9BOQ)

245 Corum Hill Road
Castalian Springs, TN 37031
(615) 310-4242  Cell
http://hammondb3organ.net<http://hammondb3organ.net/>
http://overdubs.net

Nigel A. Gunn, ///shoulders.outwards.resolutions   tel +1 937 825 5032
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel at ngunn.net www http://www.ngunn.net