[chirp_users] Chirp under Linux

Jim Allyn
Sat Dec 7 22:00:13 PST 2019

Cables using the Prolific chipset have always been a problem.  I always
buy a cable with the FTDI chipset.  I did recently program a radio with
a Prolific chipset cable, so maybe those drivers have been added to the
kernel now, too.  There have been fake Prolific chipsets out in the wild
that are unreliable, so there's that problem, too.  As far as I know
FTDI always works.