[chirp_users] Yaesu FT-4X Download Problem

Dan Clemmensen
Thu Aug 15 16:34:22 PDT 2019

What cable are you using? (also, what OS and what CHIRP version?) The FT-4X
and related radios use a half-duplex connection with TxD and RxD on the
same wire. The Yaesu SCU-35 cable works, of course. but if you are using
another cable you may need to modify it. I use a trivial connection via
resistors to the serial port on a Raspberry Pi.

I need to get back into CHIRP programming, so I guess I'll fire up my FT-4X
and play some more.