[chirp_users] Help with linux

Jim Unroe
Thu Aug 1 10:58:51 PDT 2019

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 10:16 AM Monte Long <lefty556 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I need some help!
>
> I recently switched a laptop to Xubuntu.  I've downloaded chirp and ran the command to update and to add the daily build.  However, when I open Chirp under the linux OS, there are a bunch of radios that don't show up.  For example, it doesn't list Radioddity as a manufacturer, the Wouxun KG-UV8D plus isn't available, nor is the TYT UV8000.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Monte

Hi Monte,

It sounds like you've accidentally installed CHIRP using you Linux
distro's software manager. These usually contain a version of CHIRP
that is over 5 years old.

Completely uninstall CHIRP and then install it using the the procedure
appropriate for your distro according the the "Running CHIRP Under
Linux" page.

https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Running_Under_Linux