[chirp_users] CHIRP ON LINUX, UNABLE TO FIND COM PORT FOR BAOFENG

Christopher Knowles
Sat Apr 20 03:51:48 PDT 2019

     Your problem is most likely a counterfeit Prolific chip in the
cable.  Go to www.miklor.com and they tell you how to install a legacy
driver for the chip which will recognize the radio with your computer
attached.  You can also go into your operating system and tell it not to
automatically update that particular driver when new versions of the
operating system are installed. Chris Knowles, N1CAK

On 4/20/2019 6:26 AM, KBD99603 via chirp_users wrote:
> Hello everyone, I have a Baofeng BF-UVB3 8W radio. My computer is
> linux, running Ubuntu 18.10, the newest. I have CHIRP installed and
> running, but I am not able to find the COM port for my radio,
> connected via a USB programming cable.
>
> I have entered every terminal command line I could find info about on
> the internet, even one that showed me port numbers for connected
> devices, yet there is no port number or path that works for my radio.
>
> What COM port should I use?
>
> Thank You
> KBD99603
>

> Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Christopher Allan Knowles, MPA
P.O. Box 4632
Vineyard Haven, MA  02568

Please find my LinkedIn profile at:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-knowles-99aba51a/

Staff Sergeant, United States Air Force, 1970 - 1974

Call Sign:  N1CAK - Amateur Extra Class
	    Accredited Volunteer Examiner (VE)