[chirp_users] CHIRP ON LINUX,UNABLE TO FIND COM PORT FOR BAOFENG

zmey zlobnov
Sat Apr 20 03:57:55 PDT 2019

Hello.
First: make sure your cable is working. Open terminal and type:
ls /dev/ttyUSB*

This is list of your USB-COM devices.

To enable COM-port on CHIRP:
Please add your user to DIALOUT group, then logout and login or reboot your pc. or start chirp with root privileges (not recommended).

>Суббота, 20 апреля 2019, 16:28 +06:00 от KBD99603 via chirp_users <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>:
>
>Hello everyone, I have a Baofeng BF-UVB3 8W radio. My computer is linux, running Ubuntu 18.10, the newest. I have CHIRP installed and running, but I am not able to find the COM port for my radio, connected via a USB programming cable.
>
>I have entered every terminal command line I could find info about on the internet, even one that showed me port numbers for connected devices, yet there is no port number or path that works for my radio.
>
>What COM port should I use?
>
>Thank You
>KBD99603
>

>Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.