[chirp_users] Help! Mac v10.14.5

Dan Clemmensen
Sat Apr 6 21:23:14 PDT 2019

Jim, you have far more experience than I do. I am simply observing what I
see at the Miklor site:
     http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Technical.php#progcable
I wired up a cable based on these diagrams and it worked for my Baofeng
UV-5RA. Basically radio speaker out --> computer serial in,  computer
serial out --> radio mic in, radio gnd <--> computer gnd,  It just works.
Maybe there are other hookups  If so, where do they connect at the radio
end? some place other than speaker out and mic in?

Incidentally, on my Yaesu FT-4, there is a separate signal for data. It is
on the mic jack's ring, which is not connected in the FT-4's speaker/min
cable but is connected in its data cable.