[chirp_users] FT70 fails to download

Dennis Carr
Thu Apr 4 11:40:55 PDT 2019

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 08:41:09 -0700
Dan Clemmensen <danclemmensen at gmail.com> wrote:

> you can test this theory by first removing the pl2303 module:
>    sudo modprobe -r pl2303
> and then plugging your FT-70 back in. If my theory is
> correct, /dev/ttyACM0 will come back into existence, but pl2303 will
> not reload.

You're potentially right, and I can look at this when I get home.

In the meantime, I tested this on my windows box here at work using the
latest daily build.  In this case, there was a pop-up telling me the
necessary steps to do this - and rather than removing the battery and
leaning on DC, it had me 1) remove the battery while the radio was
powered on and plugged into USB, 2) hold power and AMS, and 3)
reconnect the battery.  Doing it the original way in Windows had the
same result as last night - but doing it *this* way got me on the path
to success.  So I've got two things to consider at this point. =)

More later, once I get home and have a chance to test this.

-Dennis