[chirp_users] FT70 fails to download

Dennis Carr
Wed Apr 3 22:05:09 PDT 2019

On Wed, 3 Apr 2019 21:51:05 -0700
Dan Clemmensen <danclemmensen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a bit surprised that it's /dev/ttyACM0. on my (non-Debian) Linux,
> that would be assigned to a modem a fake modem such as an
> OTG-connect3d phone or something like that.

Yeah, confirmed, it's /dev/ttyACM0.  Tried 'watch'ing that, but 'watch
ls /dev/tty*' is kinda useless as it overflows.

>   on my computer, USB serial dongles get addresses like /dev/ttyUSB0

I got that as well with the Baofeng clone cable I've got, doesn't seem
to be the case here.

The only other thing making me think about this a bit is the fact that
'lsusb' comes up with this:

Bus 003 Device 025: ID 26aa:001b

...that's it, no description following the devid.  So my computer sees
something there, it just doesn't know what it is.

...am I missing something somewhere, a kernel mod maybe?

-Dennis