[chirp_users] Can't program Kenwood TM-G707 using CHIRP and FTDI cable from valley-ent.com

Curt Phillips W4CP
Mon Sep 3 10:09:58 PDT 2018

Mike,
Glad you got the right cable and I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.  I'm getting messages on this reflector in odd order, and sometimes they get buried in the massive amount of email I get.
I got the COM3 error also, and searched on the Web and determined how to ensure that my USB port was mapped to COM3. I forget exactly how I did it, but it was pretty easy to find on the web... apparently a lot of people have to do it.  If you can't find it, let me know and I'll try to search for it again.
Also, I bought my cable on eBay, not from RT, but I got one of the "nicer" (read: more expensive) cables there since I'd be using it in a mobile configuration.
Good luck.
73,Curt W4CP