[chirp_users] chirp on Chromebook

Peter
Fri Oct 26 11:39:06 PDT 2018

I guess that might work?  But again, not sure how well Bluetooth works
in Linux wedged into an Android device.

And prices for these Bluetooth serial adapter start in the $50 range.
But you can get a whole set of various USB size and gender adapters for
about $10.

Here is the first Bluetooth serial adapter I found in DuckDuckGo:

http://www.usconverters.com/serial-bluetooth-adapter

The data sheet has an interesting note on hardware compatibility:

http://www.usconverters.com/downloads/ucbt232b_exa/ucbt232b-and-ucbt232exa-specs.pdf

"Chipset: CSR BlueCore4 model BC417"

"Works with iPad/iPod? No, it will not work with iPads/iPods due to the
restrictions Apple put on their Bluetooth chipset,
however it does work with most other Bluetooth enabled smartphones,
tablets and devices"

Anyway, if the objective is to have a portable radio programming station
for as cheap and "easy" as possible, then personally I would try Linux
on an Android tablet with a USB connector adapter, based on what I
already have laying around.  But that's just me.