[chirp_users] Tone squelch QYT KT-7900D

Ton Machielsen
Wed Oct 24 08:30:55 PDT 2018

Hi all!

New member of the list, new user of Chirp and new user of the QYT KT-7900D.

Before i received my KT-7900D i read "somewhere" on the internet that a
user of this radio had the issue that he can only hear what is happening on
the air when he uses the Monitor. Scanning stops whenever there is a
signal, but the squelch doesn't open. I thought it had something to do with
the radio expecting a receive tone as well to get open the squelch, but i'm
not sure what exactly he did to fix this.
Was that on this list? I have the same issue.

Ton.