[chirp_users] Communication Issues with new UV-5R EX

Peter
Fri Nov 9 16:03:38 PST 2018

My cable is an "official" BaoFeng Tech PC03 FTDI USB Programming Cable
and I also had to do this to make it work with the rest of my radios.
It's a fairly common problem, good to hear you got it sorted.

(This did not however solve the problem I was seeing on a few BTech
MURS-V1 units, they have plenty of clearance between the cable connector
and radio case.  Just a batch of marginal Kenwood socket assemblies on
those units, it seems.)