[chirp_users] New MacBook Pro Issue

Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
Fri Nov 9 06:08:57 PST 2018

Please read and understand the question before you reply.

He stated that he was using a MacBook Pro so old drivers and Microsoft policies are irrelevent.

> On 09 November 2018 at 03:18 Christopher Knowles <cknowles at tiac.net> wrote:
>

>     I'm sorry.  I don't even know how Bluetooth works.  As for getting your computer to recognize the programming cable, you need to use an old version of the driver.  The Chirp website has complete instructions how to download and install it.  Then the problem comes in getting Windows to not overwrite it with a new version each time it updates.  You can go into Device Manager, while the programming cable is plugged in and find the device in the list.  Then open the device information and check the box telling it NOT to automatically update the driver.  This will prevent your having to go through this process each time Microsoft comes out with a new version of your operating system.  Chris, N1CAK
>
>     On 11/8/2018 11:23 PM, Phillip Comer via chirp_users wrote:
>
>         > > Thanks Christopher,
> >
> >         Any idea how to get usb to show up instead or just Bluetooth?
> >

> >         Best regards,
> >
> >         Phillip
> >
> >         On Nov 8, 2018, at 2:21 PM, Christopher Knowles < cknowles at tiac.net mailto:cknowles at tiac.net > wrote:
> >

> >             > > >
> > >             Use the BF-F8HP menu.  I use it for both my BF-F9 V2+ and UV-XR.
> > >
> > >             On 11/8/2018 2:13 PM, Phillip C via chirp_users wrote:
> > >
> > >                 > > > >

> > >             --
> > >             Christopher Allan Knowles, MPA
> > >             P.O. Box 4632
> > >             Vineyard Haven, MA  02568
> > >
> > >             Website:  http://www.tiac.net/~cknowles/
> > >
> > >             Please find my LinkedIn profile at:
> > >             https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-knowles-99aba51a/
> > >
> > >             Staff Sergeant, United States Air Force, 1970 - 1974
> > >
> > >             Call Sign:  N1CAK - Amateur Extra Class
> > >                  Accredited Volunteer Examiner (VE)
> > >
> > >         > >
> >             > > >             _______________________________________________
> > >             chirp_users mailing list
> > >             chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com mailto:chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> > >             This message was sent to Phillip at phillipc at mac.com mailto:phillipc at mac.com
> > >
> > >         > >

> >     >
>     --
>     Christopher Allan Knowles, MPA
>     P.O. Box 4632
>     Vineyard Haven, MA  02568
>
>     Website:  http://www.tiac.net/~cknowles/
>
>     Please find my LinkedIn profile at:
>     https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-knowles-99aba51a/
>
>     Staff Sergeant, United States Air Force, 1970 - 1974
>
>     Call Sign:  N1CAK - Amateur Extra Class
>          Accredited Volunteer Examiner (VE)

Nigel A. Gunn, 1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA. tel +1 937 825 5032
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel at ngunn.net www http://www.ngunn.net