[chirp_users] Programming a Baofeng GT3

Jim Unroe
Thu Nov 1 10:17:08 PDT 2018

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 6:05 AM Calum Abernethy
<calum.abernethy at gmail.com> wrote:

> A few of questions on the above subject when using Chirp:-
>
> Can you confirm when setting the ctcss codes for transmit and receive you use the columns 'tone' and 'tonesql' ?
>
> I have tried to set these columns to 67.0 but when uploaded to the radio they get set to 118.8. How do I fix this?
>
> I am trying to set up my radios to to talk to a friends Motorola T80 using a PMR a channel with a ctcss sub code. The Motorola uses a step of 12.5 on ctcss against an average of 2.5 on the Baofeng. Is there any way to alter the step sequence on the Baofeng?
>
> Cheers
>
> Calum

When programming with CHIRP running under Windows, after selecting the
tone in the dropdown menu, you must either press the [Enter] key or
click on to another cell to make the selection "stick". If you fail to
do this, the setting will revert back to the original selection. You
can click the [Refresh] button to see if the new selection "stuck" (if
it reverts back the new setting wasn't fully selected).

You don't have to worry about this when running Linux or MacOS X.