[chirp_users] chirpw.exe.log Permission Denied

Jim Unroe
Sat May 19 17:45:43 PDT 2018

On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 11:42 AM, Michael D Earls
<mikeearls at earthlink.net> wrote:
> It’s been over a year since I used Chirp on my Windows 10 laptop, at which
> time it worked fine.
>

> I installed new daily builds about a week ago and today.
>

> Chirp fails to load presenting the following error:
>

> The logfile’C:\Program Files(x86)\Chirp\chirpw.exe.log’ could not be opened:
>
> [Errno 13]Permission denied:’C:\\ Program Files(x86)\\Chirp\\chirpw.exe.log’
>

> After the attempt a week ago, I uninstalled Chirp and reinstalled from the
> Daily Build.
>

> There is no chirpw.exe.log on the computer.
>

> Today’s Daily Build did not improve the situation.
>

> I installed the Daily Build on my Windows 7 laptop and Chirp functions fine.
>

> That computer does not have the chirpw.exe.log anywhere on it.
>

> I’ve got some radios I’d like to update.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Mike Earls
>
> AF5MS
>
> TSRA Life Member
>
> NRA Benefactor Member

I would recommend 2 things.

1. Delete or rename the chirp.config file. Windows 10 is known for
corrupting it. CHIRP will then create a new one.

2. Right-click the CHIRP shortcut and choose "Run as administrator".