[chirp_users] Error message trying to connect Yaesu FT7900R

Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
Sun May 6 21:17:12 PDT 2018

Cable for Icom, Yaesu, Alinco, Sort of home made.

USB/RS232 adaptor commercial with genuine Prolific chip.

RS232/TTL  taken off an old PDA/calculator cable.

Connectors as required by radios provided by me.

Cable for cheap Chinese radios was commercial from Wouxon.

Cable for Kenwood mobile came from Kenwood.

OS is Linux which doesn't care where the chips come from and seems to have all the drivers alredy supplied.

> On 06 May 2018 at 22:17 Mary Graff <megraff at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Nigel,
>     Did you make the cable/connector set yourself or was it purchased? If purchased can you give me the mfg name
>
>     Thanks,
>     Mary
>
>     Sent from my iPhone
>
>     On May 6, 2018, at 6:03 PM, Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF < nigel at ngunn.net mailto:nigel at ngunn.net > wrote:
>

>         > >
> >         And the same cable shows as a different COM port if you plug it into a different USB or serial connector.
> >
> >         That's a Windows quirk.
> >
> >         On Linux, they all show as the same port, at least on my system.
> >
> >         I have one cable with half a dozen different connectors for different radios.
> >

> >             > > > On 06 May 2018 at 19:26 Jerry < jriechert at gmail.com mailto:jriechert at gmail.com > wrote:
> > >
> > >             In my case on Windows, different cables show as different COM ports.
> > >
> > >             Jerry R
> > >
> > >             On Sun, May 6, 2018, 4:04 PM Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF < nigel at ngunn.net mailto:nigel at ngunn.net > wrote:
> > >
> > >         > >
> >     >
> >         chirp_users mailing list
> >         chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com mailto:chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> >         This message was sent to Mary at megraff at gmail.com mailto:megraff at gmail.com
> >
> >     >

Nigel A. Gunn, 1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA. tel +1 937 825 5032
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF (was KC8NHF 9H3GN), e-mail nigel at ngunn.net www http://www.ngunn.net
Member of ARRL, QRPARCI #11644, SOC #548, Flying Pigs QRP Club International #385,
Dayton ARA #2128, AMSAT-NA LM-1691, GCARES, EAA382.