[chirp_users] Kenwood TM-D710GA Issues

Tom Hayward
Thu May 3 20:53:24 PDT 2018

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 7:51 PM Charles Hargrove <n2nov at nyc-arecs.org> wrote:

> A recently purchased D710GA is working with the MCP6 software and the
> USB version of the programming cable on COM 4.  When I use the MCP6
> to program a few channels, it is not showing up when I use the same
> configuration with Chirp and tell it to download from the radio.  I try
> to import a CSV with channels from another radio and it never uploads
> to the D710GA.  The baud rate is set for 9600 in everything.  How long
> should it take to upload 128 channels in live mode?  I have been waiting
> for 1/2 hour and nothing uploads.  I have tried this several times.
>
> Ideas?  Thanks.

It is somewhat slow, but nowhere near half-hour slow. While live update is
transferring data, you will see the status bar in the lower left corner
update with what it's doing.

I'd probably start by just copying one channel from the CSV and pasting it
into the D710GA live update tab. Watch for what it says in the status bar,
so you know what it looks like. Then check the radio for that one channel.
If it's not working, troubleshoot further. If it worked, continue on with
the batch of 128.

Tom KD7LXL