[chirp_users] Kenwood TM-D710GA Issues

Charles Hargrove
Thu May 3 19:50:33 PDT 2018

A recently purchased D710GA is working with the MCP6 software and the
USB version of the programming cable on COM 4.  When I use the MCP6
to program a few channels, it is not showing up when I use the same
configuration with Chirp and tell it to download from the radio.  I try
to import a CSV with channels from another radio and it never uploads
to the D710GA.  The baud rate is set for 9600 in everything.  How long
should it take to upload 128 channels in live mode?  I have been waiting
for 1/2 hour and nothing uploads.  I have tried this several times.

Ideas?  Thanks.

--
Charles J. Hargrove - N2NOV
NYC-ARECS/RACES Citywide Radio Officer/Skywarn Coord.

NYC-ARECS/RACES Nets 449.025/123.0 PL
ARnewsline Broadcast Mon. @ 8:00PM
NYC-ARECS Weekly Net Mon. @ 8:30PM
http://www.nyc-arecs.org

NY-NBEMS Net Saturdays @ 10AM & USeast-NBEMS Net Wednesdays @ 7PM
on 7.036 Mhz USB (alt 3.536)/1500 hz waterfall spot; MFSK-16 or 32

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls
topped
by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders." - Ronald Reagan

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus

"Molann an obair an fear" - Irish Saying
(The work praises the man.)

"No matter how big and powerful government gets, and the many services it
provides, it can never take the place of volunteers." - Ronald Reagan