[chirp_users] TSQL / CTCSS

Gene Vincent gene8348 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 08:06:18 PDT 2018


Copy and paste just that line from your CHIRP file here for someone to look
at, I guess you could attach the whole file. Hopefully a small error in it
that is not in other repeaters you have programmed. You could compare it to
other entries to look for something amiss before you submit it here.

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 10:15 AM, Dennis Wage <dwage at dwage.com> wrote:

> So CTCSS is a more generic term for Tone and TSQL.
>
> Still doesn't answer why I had to hit MONI to hear a repeater conversation.
>
>
> Dennis M. Wage
>
> 245 Corum Hill Road
> Castalian Springs, TN 37031
> (615) 310-4242 Cell
> (615) 562-5128 Home
> http://hammondb3organ.net
> http://overdubs.net
>
> On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 8:28 AM, Jardy Dawson via chirp_users <
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
>
>> CTCSS usually indicates the tone you must send to activate the repeater.
>> TSQL usually means a tone must be sent from the repeater or other party so
>> you can hear THEIR signal.  You never NEED to use TSQL. The only time it
>> comes in handy is if you are getting some kind of RFI or interference from
>> another repeater.  Turn TSQL off and you will probably be able to hear the
>> repeater properly. Go to www.miklor.com for answers to FAQs.
>>
>> Jardy Dawson
>> WA7JRD Ham Radio
>>
>> Message sent by... Oh who the heck really cares?
>>
>> On Mar 25, 2018, at 06:14, Dennis Wage <dwage at dwage.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have no where else to ask this question.
>>
>> Is TSQL the same as CTCSS?
>>
>> The reason I am so intrigued is about this is
>>
>> The other day my UV-5R was in scan mode and a repeater in Huntsville
>> continually stopped my scan with a carrier or tone, not sure which yet. But
>> I heard no audio. No matter where I set the squelch, even to 0 I got no
>> audio. However, if I hit the Moni button I could hear the guys talking.
>>
>> What was happening here?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> In 3 weeks I'll be W9BOQ if the FCC grants my vanity call sign.
>>
>> Whiskey Niner Bravo Oscar Quebec.
>> Dennis M. Wage
>>
>> 245 Corum Hill Road
>> Castalian Springs, TN 37031
>> (615) 310-4242 Cell
>> (615) 562-5128 Home
>> http://hammondb3organ.net
>> http://overdubs.net
>> _______________________________________________
>> chirp_users mailing list
>> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
>> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
>> This message was sent to Jardy at jardy72 at yahoo.com
>> To unsubscribe, send an email to chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrep
>> id.danplanet.com
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> chirp_users mailing list
>> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
>> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
>> This message was sent to Dennis Wage at dwage at dwage.com
>> To unsubscribe, send an email to chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrep
>> id.danplanet.com
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> chirp_users mailing list
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
> This message was sent to gene8348 at gmail.com at gene8348 at gmail.com
> To unsubscribe, send an email to chirp_users-unsubscribe@
> intrepid.danplanet.com
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20180325/aa258e40/attachment-0002.html 


More information about the chirp_users mailing list