[chirp_users] New Daily Build

Dan Smith
Mon Mar 26 06:58:46 PDT 2018

Hi all,
> A list of the changes included in this build (since the last daily)
> follows:

<snip>

> #5329 Can now set correct memory size read request, as no getting empty blocks.
> Yaesu_clone change proposed by Dan - Thanks! I have only tested it on the FT-70, would be great to see it tested on other Yaesu radios.

This patch for yesterday's build included a change to a really old piece of code for Yaesu radios (mostly mobiles). This is core cloning code that has been in place for many years without a problem, but while developing a driver for the FT-70, Nicolas discovered a latent bug that was causing a problem for the newer radio. Technically it could have affected cloning stability with older radios as well, but we haven't had any such reports (that I know of).

Regardless, while this should _fix_ issues and not create them, if you have a Yaesu mobile radio and could test cloning (both directions just to be sure) with it using this build, we would really appreciate it. Please report any issues you find either here or on the issue tracker on the website.

Thanks!

--Dan