[chirp_users] CHIPRP AND TYT TH-9800

Jim Unroe
Mon Jun 18 02:59:09 PDT 2018

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 5:45 AM, Tom Henderson <Tom at henderson4.us> wrote:
> It's the same fix for windows. The only difference is those of us who run it
> in linux don't know where it's stored under the windows version.
>
> Did you see the line that says "Not sure where it is in Windows, so just
> search for it?"
>
> Tom Henderson

It isn't the same for Windows. The user doesn't have access to the
individual *.py files with Windows. As far as I know, the best a
Windows user can do is to download the th9800.py driver from the CHIRP
repository, edit it as needed, then after enabling "Enable developer
functions" load the modified driver using File -> Load module
selection. And this custom driver would have to be loaded every time
CHIRP was launched.