[chirp_users] New Daily Build

Jim Unroe
Thu Jun 7 02:34:49 PDT 2018

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 11:37 PM, Eugene Baleme via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
> Thanks. I tried it but still will not work, error 2, on my port. chirp just
> does not work with windows 7 or 10.
>
> On Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 12:18:41 AM PDT, Build System
> <donotreply at danplanet.com> wrote:

The problem has to do with your programming cable, not CHIRP. If you
have a programming cable that reports to Windows that it is a Prolific
chip based programming cable, then the USB-to-Serial chip it is made
with is of the counterfeit variety. The device driver written by the
Prolific company and supplied to Microsoft is intentionally
incompatible with counterfeit copies of their chip. The workaround for
Windows Vista and newer is to download, install and select the older
Prolific v3.2.0.0 device driver that is not crippled in this way.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php