[chirp_users] FT-857D memory banks?

W. T. Jones wn3lif at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 08:11:09 PDT 2018

The 857D does not support "banks" as we usually think of them.

It supports memory grouping. It just partitions the memories into 20 memory
segments. On = scan 20 memory segments. Off = scan all 200.

You cannot assign a memory to a bank.

>From the manual...

MENU MODE No•055 [ MEM GROUP ]
Function: Enables/disables the memory grouping feature.
Available Values: OFF/ON
Default: OFF
When this Menu Item is set to “ON,” the 200 “standard” memory channels are
partitioned
into ten Memory Groups, each holding up to 20 memory channels (the Group
size is fixed).

There isn't a setting to assign a channel to a bank which is probably why
Chirp doesn't have that option available for the 857D.

There is a Quick Memory Bank (QMB) feature where you can "bank" a channel
of interest that is mentioned but I never used it.

Regards,

WT
Real heroes do not wear capes. They wear dog tags, turnout gear, and badges!