[chirp_users] I had a driver, then I lost it. (Mac OS issue)

Jardy Dawson
Thu Jul 26 07:03:17 PDT 2018

I have several cables with the fake Prolific chips in them.  Once you roll back the driver for one cable, it rolls back for all of them.  When you consider how often you need to reprogram your radios (about every other month or less), taking a minute to rollback your driver if you have to is such a minor thing to me.  A lot easier and cheaper than replacing 10-15 cables.  People make WAY to much of a big deal out of something so easy to deal with.

Jardy Dawson
WA7JRD Ham Radio

Sent three weeks from now through a newly discovered worm hole in the space-time continuum.

On Jul 26, 2018, at 05:38, <mike-2007 at elp.rr.com> <mike-2007 at elp.rr.com> wrote:

My only suggestion, get a known good OEM cable, and never worry about the driver or an update again.  But that's just me.  Others seem to enjoy the challenge, I just want it to work when I need it.

Vy73 – Mike – KD5KC
El Paso, Texas – DM61rt

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com <chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> On Behalf Of T.E. Klamberg Klamberg via chirp_users
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 8:51 PM
To: chirp_users <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: [chirp_users] I had a driver, then I lost it. (Mac OS issue)

I had installed the driver for a USB cable from Valley Enterprise for my Yaesu FT-60. Three installs and it (Mac) finally recognized the driver and cable. That was six months back.
I acquired another cable for my Yaesu FT-29 2m radio. I must have got an OS update (High Sierra OS, version 10.13.6) that I cannot call up the drivers for either one (it should be only one driver upgrade). I haven’t even got to the part of trying to get Chirp to frustrate me!
I know there are folks out there that have more computer smarts than I, especially when it comes to Mac. Anyone have any ideas, short of becoming a programmer?
Thanks.

Tip
N9MVX
Mascoutah, IL