[chirp_users] CHIRP: First time SUCCESS!

mike-2007 at elp.rr.com
Mon Jul 23 18:30:29 PDT 2018

DAN.  I just thought you might want a HAPPY message.  I hate upgrades, and software problems always seem to find me.  But when I was dusting out my 8 y/o Win-7 (64 bit) computer I found some swelled caps on the motherboard.  Hardware doesn't scare me, and I have the caps to replace them.  But really, it was time to move up to Win-10.  I am going from a 2.3 GHz Duo-Core processor on 2 GB of RAM to a 3.6 GHz Octo-Core processor on 16 GB of Ram, and a 128 MB SSD.  The old 21" monitors are not compatible with the new computer, so I got 2 new 27" monitors.  Quite a move up.

THE GOOD NEWS?  I installed the DRIVER for my RT-Systems USB-62 cable.  I installed CHIRP.  I opened CHIRP.  It found my USB-62 cable on Comm-3.  I connected to my FT-817ND and downloaded my memory configuration.  FIRST TRY.  No Win-10 difficulties here.

Yeah - the RT-Systems cable wasn't $5.  More like $25.  But the value of it working first time (and every time)?  PRICELESS.  My time is precious too, and worth more than $20 worth of cable savings.

On to more software installations.  I am sure something will give me trouble.  But CHIRP and RT-Systems cables will NOT be it.

Vy73 - Mike - KD5KC.
El Paso, Texas - DM61rt.
SOTA W5T-Texas Association Manager.
NA-SOTA info is at:  http://na-sota.org/