[chirp_users] (no subject)

Jim Unroe
Mon Jul 23 07:02:24 PDT 2018

 On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 6:49 PM, <bsantucci at aol.com> wrote:

> how can I get some help? I uploaded a uv-5r reads fine, make changes,
> upload to radio, in other settings, wont change the name, shows old name
> only
>

> Thanks

You must "download" from your radio first to read it into CHIRP. Your
first successful download should be saved, unedited, to a CHIRP Radio
Images (*,img) file to be kept in a safe place as a backup.

What "name"? You name memories (channels). Are you talking about the
"power on message"?

Do the following...

1 Open CHIRP (to start a new debug.log file)
2 Download from the radio (save to 1.img)
3 Edit "name" (save to 2.img)
4 Upload to radio
5 Download from radio (save to 3.img)
6 Close CHIRP (to close the debug.log file)

Attach 1.img, 2.img and 3.img so I can see what is or isn't happening.
Also include the debug.log file.

This page shows you how to find the CHIRP debug.log file:
https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/How_to_report_issues